so, inspired by this holiday card display a lollyjane.com, I came up with my own version that I am hoping to keep up year-round for invitations and announcements, when it’s not being used for Christmas cards, of course.
what you need:
- wooden open-backed frame (I got mine at hobby lobby)
- large wooden letter (I got one almost as big as my frame) (I also got this at hobby lobby)
- chicken wire, wide enough to fill your frame (I got mine at tractor supply)
- staple gun
what you do:
- unroll and cut the chicken wire to fill the back of your frame.
- staple the chicken wire to the back of the frame.
- place your wooden letter underneath the chicken wire and line it up where you want it placed, make sure it’s straight.
- staple the back of the letter through the chicken wire to attach the letter to the chicken wire. staple the heck out of it, remember, staples are cheap.
- flip your frame over and ensure that the letter is securely attached.
- hang your frame.
all that’s left is to hang your goodies on your new frame. I attached my Christmas cards to my frame using clothespins, but you can use whatever works best for you.
now, what to do with all this chicken wire that I have left?